Thursday, November 13, 2014

Painting of a Puppy

This watercolor marks the first painting that I have done in a very long time.
I'm pretty happy with it all in all!
I used watercolor paints that had been given to me as a birthday gift a few years ago.
 (People seem to thing that everyone who is creative can paint. I don't understand why they would think that. All they've seen me do is doodle.)
As well as the little cup of water, the plastic bowl for mixing, and a pretty crappy average sized paintbrush. In retrospect maybe I should have used a few, not just the one.
It's drawn from the perspective of a puppy looking up at you from way down on the floor, while you are standing up. I'm not sure that's obvious in the picture... Also, since the puppies wouldn't sit in place and I didn't feel like painting from a photo, it's from imagination.
 
more pics under the cut


yeah, my room's a mess. :/
but what's more worth it? the temporarily clean room or the painting?
[puppies are great mess-makers, just like 2 year olds]
I think my priorities are straight.

No comments:

Post a Comment