Sunday, April 13, 2014

Passover

I'm visiting my parents for the Passover seder, and I happen to be a great guest, so I decided to bring a gift.
However, they'd told me not to bring any food, so that ruled out treats. That said, I wasn't going to give up on the notion of bringing something, though I had no clue what it would be.
After a number of calls and a bunch of thinking I set out to buy a picture frame, but alas! They had none that were nice looking and within my budget. That's when I noticed the wall clock. My parents have no wall clock at all. It wasn't quite the sort of thing I'd have given them as is though, it was too plain.
So I took it home, sat down, and drew until I found an idea I liked. Then I painted the idea on the clock (in nail polish atually- I've misplaced my paints) and here it is. :)

Here's the before picture (well, almost before. I'd just started)
And here's some of the end result. I'm quite satisfied- it's definitely passover themed but not so much as to be too much for the rest of the year. Around the eddges there's ancient egypt (with some pyramids in the distance) and plagues peeking out around the houses, and the Hebrews walking through the red sea, a sunny sky above.




No comments:

Post a Comment