Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Cheburashka

Also known as Topple in some English translations, Cheburashka is an adorable little animal character from an originally Russian children's show. It has also gained popularity in Japan.
He first appeared in a box of oranges. :)
He's a character from my husband's childhood, so I made him this as a Hanukkah gift.

I bought the fluffy cloth at the fabric store nearby, and with this type of fabric hemming is unnecessary. I put together each body part and then attached them, and then attached the orange. The facial features and the leaf are actually painted on with nail polish, and they're doing great. It gave me a lot more control over what they looked like as opposed to using some kind of beads, and a lot more precision than it would have had if I had sewn them on. Altogether I'm happy with the result, even if I could have done it a bit more evenly shaped a second time over.

No comments:

Post a Comment