Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Hanukkah Menorah DIY

Do you not have a particularly special Hanukkiyah for the festival of lights?
Or perhaps were you looking to give one as a gift?
I made these myself adding my personal touch and I was very happy with the results.
I got some little glass candle holder cups and some wood, and used beads to elevate the Shamash a bit over the others.
The bases are hollow glass things I had - a candle holder and a narrow jar. I filled them with little cloth flowers and painted the wood (the bigger menorah has roses painted on the wood, the smaller one is just pattern) and glued them all together with an all-purpose-adhesive glue (make sure it's good for glass before you buy it, some don't stick to the smooth surface well).
And look how pretty they are! Just proves that it doesn't have to be expensive to be special.

No comments:

Post a Comment